Thursday, October 22, 2009

I prefer Innova over Discraft

Most professional athletes, or people who play sports on a regular basis, prefer one brand over another. Whether it's the quality or durability that keeps people loyal to a certain brand, the main issue is determining which brand feels more comfortable for you. Most well-known brands make more than just one product; they make many products for multiple sports. In the case of disc golf brands, most of them only make discs. Therefore, I feel Innova produces better discs than any other brand (i.e. Discraft) in disc golf.

I prefer Innova over Discraft because Innova was the first disc I ever used. The Innova disc is more comfortable when I play because I know how the disc feels. When I purchased my first disc, Innova had a chart which helped me find the right disc as a beginner. The chart explained which discs were harder to throw and gave me options to choose what kind of material I wanted my disc to have. Discraft, on the other hand, had a small amount of discs for sale and there was less of a variety to choose from.

Another reason why Innova is ahead of Discraft is that Innova discs hold world records. There are two major records which Innova discs own: the longest drive and the most world disc golf championships have been won using Innova discs. So, as a beginner or someone who has played the game for awhile, it is obvious that the Innova brand is recognized around the disc golf community and many professional disc golfers use their discs.

Ken Climo is one of the most well-known disc golfers in the world. He holds the record for most disc golf championships and the Innova company is proud to have him on their team. If you do not know already, Climo's name is on multiple Innova discs and these discs are a top seller in today's market. Although Discraft has its own professional team, they do not put their champions' name on their discs and they only create unique names for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics