Thursday, September 17, 2009

A BRAND NEW COURSE!

Yesterday I played a brand new frisbee golf course. As some of my followers know I am currently attending Illinois State University, so I have only been playing frisbee golf courses in the Bloomington-Normal area. Before I went to Forest Park (the new course), I only knew of two courses around my area: P.J. Irvin and Maxwell. Well yesterday I played one of the most challenging frisbee golf courses ever.

For those of you that live near the area, the Forest Park course is very close to P.J. Irvin. The course consists of 9 holes that are surrounded by trees. Unlike many courses, the 9 hole course has two tee areas for each hole, an "A" and "B," so when I went with my group of friends we went around twice. The most difficult part about the course was the amount of trees that surrounded the basket as well as the fairway. Even the tee area, about 20 feet in front of the tee, there were trees very close togther, which made it difficult to get the frisbee in the fairway.

Even though I enjoyed playing the course, there is still room for improvement with this course. Since it is new, there were no maps of the holes by the tee area and it was difficult to find the first hole. My friends and I walked around the entire park for a half hour trying to find the first hole. As well we could not tell what basket we needed to aim at because some of the baskets were close together.

Overall, I enjoyed the course because it was challenging and the park was a fun to walk around. Since there were four of us we played foursomes, which means we played with teams of two. In one of my next posts I will explain different games you can play with your friends. It will make your frisbee golf experience more exciting and competitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics