Monday, September 21, 2009

Frisbee golf on the rise?

Ever since I was a young boy sports has been a passion of mine. I loved watching all sports on TV and I dreamed of one day being a professional athlete. Well now I am a senior in college and I feel like that dream is out the window. However, frisbee golf is something that you can play for a lifetime and it is never too late to get started playing.

Recently, I read an article on ESPN that talked about this program devoted to promoting the sport of frisbee golf to kids between grades 3-12. To the followers of my blog, you need to read this article because it talks about everything I am trying to accomplish with promoting the sport. Not only does this article talk about well-known frisbee golfers, but it explains rules of the game, the history of the game, and where the game will be in the next 5 years.

Another important figure that was mentioned in the article was Billy Crump. This man is considered to be "the" announcer for the PDGA. He is a major promoter of frisbee golf and he goes around trying to get sponsors to support the game. His story is very similar to any person starting out playing the game, and I hope to one day follow in this man's footsteps. He started out playing the game and when he realized he would not make it as a professional he decided to just report on frisbee golf and promote it across the country.

The mission of my web site and this blog is to gain popularity of frisbee golf. I want to reach out to the younger generation because they will have a better opportunity to gain more interest of the sport. The article I posted compared frisbee golf to traditional golf, and it explained that maybe sometime down the line frisbee golf will take over traditional golf!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics