Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Disc Golf is the name of the game

From this point forward I am officially calling frisbee golf, "Disc Golf." After searching the web I have discovered that the game is called disc golf and has been for a long time. Most of my friends and I call the game "Frolf" because it combines the words "Frisbee" and "Golf." I came across this page which explained that frisbee golf is no longer the appropriate name for the game because the term "Frisbee" is trademarked, similar to the brand "Kleenex."

I understand that this may be confusing for some of you, but from now on I will be more consistent with the name "Disc Golf." In my opinion, disc golf seems more professional rather than frisbee golf. Disc golf even seems more appropriate because players do not throw frisbees, they throw discs. Discs are also shaped differently than frisbees because discs have sharper edges and different weights.

As of right now I have not made many changes to my blog or web site pertaining to the name "Disc Golf," but I hope to soon. One thing to keep in mind is that when you go out and promote the sport to your friends and family, you should remember to use the name disc golf rather than frisbee golf. Rather than referring to disc golf as a game, I want to start calling it a sport. It takes a lot of athleticism and hand-eye coordination.

The Professional Disc Golf Association (PDGA) is the most important resource for finding updated information about the sport. So, why not start referring to it as disc golf. Everytime I research information about the sport I search under "Disc Golf" because the results that pop up give me the best information about a specific topic. Therefore, I suggest using "Disc Golf" when researching for information about the sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics