Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My first round

If you do not know already, there are many different names that people call the sport: disc golf, frisbee golf, frolf, etc. So, from now on I am going to refer to the sport as disc golf. The first time I ever played disc golf was after school with two of my friends. They had only gone a couple of times so they were beginners too. Before my first shot or toss I was nervous because I did not want to hit a tree or only throw the disc 10 feet. Well, my nerves got the best of me and I hit a tree. Disc golf is very similar to golf because you must have lots of patience and focus throughout the entire round. I, however, were not so patient and did not take time before each toss. Throughout the round I made some great shots and holed some putts from very far away. My friends would give me advice during the round; for example, before I would tee off they would explain the right amount of steps to take and the motion of my arm while I toss the disc. In the end, I enjoyed my first round of disc golf and the next day I went to the store to purchase my first disc, an Innova Archangel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics